Oct 17, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (22)



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine, where we book bloggers talk about upcoming releases we are excited for. This week I'm looking forward to:

Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2)
Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #2)
Laini Taylor
Pages: 528
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Karou must come to terms with who and what she is, and how far she’ll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, mysteries and secrets, new characters and old favorites, Days of Blood and Starlight brings the richness, color and intensity of the first book to a brand new canvas.




Y'all should know how highly I though of Daughter of Smoke and Bone (oh, you don't? Well, feel free to read my review :D). Like, it was so brilliantly written, and I just want more of out fierce, blue-haired heroine. I adore me some Karou. And I really wanna know where the romance between Akiva and Karou is goin' after what happened at the end of the first book! (It was one heck of a cliffhanger!) And Oh My Goodness, that cover? It's beautiful! I love the font and the colors and the pretty things? around her eyes! The red, with the Blood and Starlight, like really? How much cooler can you get?! It's too pretty. Really.

With my spastic cover love out of the way, what did you guys pick this week?!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

7 comments:

  1. I was so looking forward to this book but unfortunately I didn't like it! I think it was the names, they were strangely beautiful but I couldn't remember who was who :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Daughter of Smoke and Bone! Great pick :)
    MyWOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daughter of Smoke and Bone is on my TBR list! can't wait to read it, im sure ill be hooked!

    http://inkkreviews.blogspot.com <- my wow

    Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes this is definitely one I'm anxious about getting my hands on. Great pick! New follower!

    Check out my WOW.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this! The cover is so freaking gorgeous!
    My WoW
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Daughter of Smoke and Bone yet, but I have it here to read. This looks like a fantastic sequel!

    My WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books
    October Celebration Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pick! I cant wait for this! I really enjoyed Daughter of Smoke and Bone!!

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what people think, and commenting lets me know you were here! Speak your minds! (Please :D)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...