Oct 23, 2012

Top Ten Books To Get In The Halloween Spirit

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and today's theme is "Top Ten Books To Get In The Halloween Spirit." 

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)1. So, OBVIOUSLY I gotta put The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin on here, because a) it's totally creeptastic b) it's my favorite book and c) THE EVOLUTION COMES OUT TODAY and I'm sitting here (I'm writing this post on Monday) freaking out. My momma's goin' out to get it for me and I am STOKED. Like, no joke. I'm dying here. Anyways, the 1st book is really creepy what with all the dying and that scene with the insane asylum? yeaah. creeptastic.

2. Next has to be Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake, because, uh, hello? Ghosts and killing ghosts and boys dying and she is literally dressed in blood and it's gross. yet awesome.
Nevermore (Nevermore, #1)

3. Nevermore by Kelly Creagh, because it's creepy and based off Poe. I mean, he's like the original horror story dude, so Nevermore is definitely Halloween-ish yes?

4. Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey, because of zombies. and witches. yes. Not very creepy, but there's lots about them in there.

5. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead Yeah, I know this is a stretch, but there are vampires. And they count for something, because they are kind of scary. Especially Rose, who isn't even a complete vamp. 

6. On that notion, can I count City of Bones by Cassandra Clare? Because I'm going to. Vampires, werewolves, the fey, and warlocks all come into play here, along with mentions of zombies. (Also a stretch, but I'm trying to get to 10!)

My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1)7. My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent is another creepy, yet not too creepy, one. You got the reapers and the souls being taken and lots of demons. Feels like Halloween to me!

8. Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout. Uh, Katy and Dee watch movies on Halloween :) Therefore, it is now Halloween related.

9. The Dark Secrets books by Elizabeth Chandler. DUH I don't know why I didn't think of these earlier. They all involve haunting and ghosts and it's actually pretty creepy.

10. Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan and Justine Larbalestier.  Because it's cute and funny and the vampires are very Halloween-y.


LOL what books did you guys pick? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

7 comments:

  1. I think you are my favorite just for the way you justify Obsidian as a Halloween read! :D
    Unbecoming made my list as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. While thinking of my top ten I was like...what were those really scary books I used to read? Oh yeah, Dark Secrets! They are definitely perfect reads for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower here. Love the books on the list...def going to have to check out the ones I dont know. Feel free to check out my list...http://asoutherngirlsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-tuesdayhalloween-spirit.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Loved your picks! Check out my TTT here http://adventuresofateenagebookworm.blogspot.ie/2012/10/top-ten-tuesday-halloween-reads.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I really liked The Vampire Academy series, and Mara Dyer. A few of the others are on my reading list, and will hopefully get to soon. Awesome list :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Obsidian could be on any list! Such a fun series. I actually had a difficult time with this weeks TTT, and I am seeing books on others' lists that I wish I had included. Oh well.

    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to read Obsidian!!!!!! Great list!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what people think, and commenting lets me know you were here! Speak your minds! (Please :D)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...