Aug 21, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday


I know it's been a while since I've done one of these, but I was feeling listy today and the theme is "The Top Ten Books You've Read Since You Started Blogging" or something along those lines and I felt like participating :) 

So, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, because they like lists there.

My top ten books are:

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)
1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer: I mean, if you have been reading my blog for any amount of time at all, then you should know I love this book. It's one of my favorite books I've ever read. It's just so brilliantly written and the characters are amazing and I REALLY JUST LOVE IT A LOT.

2. Obsidian: Uh hello? Can you say "Daemon Black"? Seriously, though, I'm in love with this book! I loved every single character (especially Daemon... all right, and Katy). This one actually got me back into blogging, because Katy was a book blogger herself (how cool is that?!) Just an amazing book.

Onyx (Lux, #2)
3. Onyx: I'm feeling mildly predictable, but I can't have Obsidian and not mention Onyx!! They both have equal awesomeness. I like Daemon even better in this one, and it was just really fun, and you should read this series. 

4. Nevermore: This book was dark and scary and romantic and filled with lots and lots of Poe (I like Poe). I just really, really loved it. A lot. Isabel was full of awesomesauce and Varen was creepy, yet romantic. The whole story reeled me in, and I remember reading it all in one sitting- and it's a huge book.

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)5. Shatter Me: I loved everything about this book. The way it was written, the characters, the plot. It was amazing. Juliette was so kind and good and Adam was just something else. He was fantastic. I was so sad when he didn't make it very far in the YA Sisterhood Crush Tourney. I LOVE HIM. I just want more Adam. 

6. Variant: The plot in this one just constantly kept me on the edge of my seat and the characters were all so well created. After I finished it left me doubting my own reality, and I loved that it was able to pull me into it's world so quickly. LOVE.
Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon, #1)
7. Of Poseidon: Basically, I love mermaids and I love Galen. Oh, and I love pretty covers. It was just a really cute, fun, Summer read. I loved reading it while sitting on the edge of the pool; it just fit, you know? 

8. Cinder: I really, really love fairy tale retellings, and Cinder is one of my favorites. I mean, a cyborg Cinderella? How much more awesome can you get? The plot was fun, and everything wasn't centered around romance, which was nice and kind of refreshing.

Pure (Covenant, #2)9. Pure: This is yet another JLA book (she's amazing, and I can't help myself). It's the second in the Covenant series (I liked it a lot better than the first). Alex is SUCH a great character and Aiden is the embodiment of sexiness. I loved it!!!

10. Eve: I always love a good dystopia, and Eve is definitely one of my favorites. The plot kept me going, the romance was sweet, and the world was amazing. I really loved everything about this book. It was just so fun (in an "I'm running for my life, but it's really interesting" kind of way).  

So, yeah! I know I haven't been blogging long, but I feel like I came up with a pretty good list! :) What books did you guys pick?

<end transmission>

4 comments:

  1. Mara Dyer is on my list, too. And I just got Obsidian and am planning on reading it ASAP! (:

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Mara Dyer and loved it. I’ll have to look into some of the others that you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices. I've yet to read Of Poseidon, but I've heard fabulous things. And Mara Dyer! LOVE! Also Cinder and Shatter Me. All three almost made my list!

    Karis @YA Litwit

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like everyone loved Shatter Me except for me. Great list though, Cinder, Nevermore and Eve were all favorites of mine that just barley missed making my TTT list.

    My list: http://robolobolynsuniverseofbooks.blogspot.ca/2012/08/top-ten-favorite-books-youve-read.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what people think, and commenting lets me know you were here! Speak your minds! (Please :D)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...