Jul 17, 2012

My Soul to Save

Rachel Vincent
My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)
When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.
So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn’t wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can’t cry for someone who has no soul.
The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can’t possibly understand.
Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk...
The second book in the Soul Screamers series blew me away just as much as the first. This dark world full of death and demons (sorry, hellions) that Kaylee Cavenaugh lives in is actually super fascinating. I love the new information that Kaylee learns throughout this book, that she didn't know in the first one. In My Soul to Take, Kaylee is merely learning that she is a bean sidhe and the most basic things she can do (sing for souls, suspend them, make reapers mad, that sorta thing) but in this next one, she's learning more about the Netherworld and the more complex things she can do (and she uses them to help poor soulless girls!). It's awesome. There's romance (er, if you wanna call it that...) and we even get to know Tod better! Oh and there's an awesome new "mystery" thing that Kaylee decides needs to be fixed.


That's all I'm gonna say on the plot... Character time! I genuinely like Kaylee. She has this save-the-world complex, where she'll do anything she has to to help someone else, and I admire that. And, everywhere she went (in the Netherworld, in her world, whatever) she always found somebody who decided they liked her and would help. It kinda showed how truly good her character is. I honestly don't think she has a mean bone in her body. And then there was Nash, whom I didn't like nearly as much as I did in My Soul to Take. He was kinda too much. I mean, I loved that he was so protective and would follow Kaylee to Hell and back (literally), but he just wanted to much from her and he had no problem admitting it- & I didn't like that. I'm starting to see why everyone loves Tod so much. I did actually learn more about him in this book (since he was just sorta introduced in the first book). He is very kind, but he is willing to do anything to help someone he loves, even if that means hurting someone he's friends with. I'm a little concerned that comes with his being a reaper and all.


I like this cover better than My Soul to Take, merely because I like the blue. I love how each book has a similar cover design, and yet they're all just a little different. It's neat.


I definitely give this one 5 stars. I couldn't get it out of my head when I went to bed last night! I just wanted to read the next one so badly and see if Kaylee and Nash's relationship goes south (like I think it's gonna). This is definitely one of my new favorite series!


<end transmission>

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I am the only person in the world who has not read these books! I am glad that you enjoyed book two. This does sound like a terrific series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only on book two & I am totally hooked. It's definitely a series worth checking out :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love to hear what people think, and commenting lets me know you were here! Speak your minds! (Please :D)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...