Jun 28, 2012

Vanish

It took me a while to start this, since my pile for the week is more than a little intimidating, and I have awful summer reading to do for AP English next year... Anyways I'm glad I started on my pile *finally*. So, ya know, review time!


Vanish (Firelight #2)
Sophie Jordan


Vanish (Firelight, #2)
An impossible romance. Bitter rivalries. Deadly choices.
To save the life of the boy she loves, Jacinda did the unthinkable: She betrayed the most closely-guarded secret of her kind. Now she must return to the protection of her pride knowing she might never see Will again—and worse, that because his mind has been shaded, Will’s memories of that fateful night and why she had to flee are gone.
Back home, Jacinda is greeted with hostility and must work to prove her loyalty for both her sake and her family’s. Among the few who will even talk to her are Cassian, the pride’s heir apparent who has always wanted her, and her sister, Tamra, who has been forever changed by a twist of fate. Jacinda knows that she should forget Will and move on—that if he managed to remember and keep his promise to find her, it would only endanger them both. Yet she clings to the hope that someday they will be together again. When the chance arrives to follow her heart, will she risk everything for love?


I just loved Firelight and was so excited when I saw that my library had Vanish. Like I said, it took me a while to get started on my pile of books for the week, but I am so glad that I did! This was an awesome sequel, and I am so happy I got to know what happened next!

So, the plot was pretty interesting. I loved seeing the pride dynamics play out and the way they all treated Jacinda when she came back. She was treated like much less of an individual and she was pretty much punished by everyone, except Cassian (more on him in a second). This whole love triangle thing that played out was so typical YA, but I totally loved it.

On to the characters: Jacinda reminded me of me in this one, because she had a really hard time making up her mind the whole book. She'd be like "I'm gonna forget about him." and then she'd change her mind and be all "I could never do that!" It made her seem very human, and I liked that. I had a major book crush on Will in the first book, and I still like him and all, but I don't think I'd be very upset if she did end up choosing Cassian. I kinda like the guy. I hated him in Firelight, but he's pretty cool.

The cover is gorgeous! It's just like Firelight, but it means something different. I love that you find out who the character is on the cover and what the title means as you read the book. I just love it when authors do that with their covers.

I think I'll give it 5 stars. It was great, and I never wanted to stop reading, and I was disappointed when it ended! The next book, Hidden, doesn't come out until September, though! This is such a great series, and I can't wait to see what happens next.

<end transmission>

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what people think, and commenting lets me know you were here! Speak your minds! (Please :D)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...