Jun 5, 2012

Shadows

Again, a regular review, I think I'm just getting lazy these days. Well, that, and I left my Nook at home.

Shadows (Lux #0.5)
Jennifer L. Armentrout

Shadows (Lux, #0.5)The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane.
Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.
Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in.
Captivated. Lured. Loved.
Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence...and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.

I have mixed feelings for this book. I mean, I am really glad I read it, 'cause I was dying to know what had happened to Dawson and Bethany, and I wanted to know if Daemon has always been so jerky (he has). It also told me that Daemon is my very favorite of the Black triplets.

However, I could not stand Dawson. He was so sweet, which is always annoying. I mean, could he not pounce on the chick the minute he saw her? Following her to class was cute and all, but couldn't he have waited a bit, you know, when he actually knew her. And Bethany was adorable, but also kind of annoying. I liked that she was artistic, but she was so cheerleadery sweet, the kind that really gets under my skin. I liked them as a couple, though. Annoying + Annoying apparently equals cute. Who knew?

I was glad to find out what had happened to the missing Black triplet, but I can see why it was 3 bucks. It isn't a full story, but it gives some insight into what happened the year before Katy showed up, and who these people are. It also shows how much Daemon truly loves his family, even if he is a little overprotective. You could read this before or after Obsidian, because it explains some things from it, but it's not so spoilery that it would ruin Obsidian for you. I'd give it 4 stars, since it was just a novella, and it was pretty good.

My review for Obsidian can be found here.


<end transmission>

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what people think, and commenting lets me know you were here! Speak your minds! (Please :D)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...